Product quantity cannot be greater than 99
PART # 821264096
Coverstitch Hemmer Attachment
Specialty type: Mending & Alterations
Accurately position hems
Create professional hemming results easily with PFAFF coverlock™ 3.0 and 4.0 machines. The Coverstitch Hemmer Attachment ensure accurate positioning of the hem on light to medium weight fabrics.
At A Glance
- Use with PFAFF coverlock™ 3.0 and 4.0 machines
- Ensures accurate hem positioning
- Designed for light to medium weight fabrics
(tap letter to learn more)
- PFAFF coverlock™ 3.0 and 4.0 machines
1. Set the machine for coverstitch, either wide, narrow or triple with stitch length 3.0. Place the attachment plate on the machine. Place the two screws in the opening and screw the attachment plate in place.
2.Place the hemmer on the attachment plate and adjust the hemmer to the right. Secure the hemmer in place with the two thumb screws and washers.
3. Fold under a 1 inch (25mm) hem of fabric and finger press the first few inches in place.
4. Slide the fabric right side up into the hemer from the right side so that the hem curls under the attachment.
5. Raise the presser foot and pull the fabric under the foot and straight back 1 to 2 inches (2 to 3 centimeters) behind the needle. Lower the presser foot and turn the hand wheel to make a few stitches to secure the stitching in the fabric.
6. Sew a few stitches to see if the coverstitch is in the desired position. To change the stitch position, loosen the thumb screws and move the hemmer to the right or left to reach the desired needle position. Test sew a sample before sewing your project.
7. Keep the fabric turned under when feeding into the attachment to ensure the fabric will roll under when sewing.
Tips & Hints:
If a free-arm is available on the machine, it will make sewing a continuous / circular hem even easier.
Increase the stitch length up to 4.0 if you have heavier fabric or when crossing a seam.
When crossing a seam, give the fabric some extra help when it feeds through the hemmer guide.