Product quantity cannot be greater than 99
PART # 820545096
Elastic Foot for IDT™ System
Specialty type: Mending & Alterations
Guides, stretches as sews!
The Elastic Foot simultaneously guides, stretches 6 to 12 mm wide elastic and sews it in place. Use it for active wear, lingerie and other elastic insertion techniques.
At A Glance
- Ajust stitch width based on the width of your elastic
- Achieve perfectly even stitches as the elastic is stretched and sewn in place
(tap letter to learn more)
*The automatic needle threader cannot be used on Group L machines
- for IDT™ system
1. Set the dark grey numbered dial on the Elastic Foot by aligning the number with the small metal arrow. The higher the number, the more the elastic will be stretched. The stiffness of the elastic will influence the sewing result.
2. Gently push the dark grey roller towards the numbered dial and lift it up.
3. Insert the elastic into the longer slot opening on the base of the presser foot.
4. Turn the roller until the center groove of the roller matches the width of the elastic so that the elastic will guide straight.
5. Bring the roller down on the elastic and click it into place by gently pushing it away from the numbered dial.
6. Snap the Elastic Foot onto the sewing machine. Set the machine for a regular zigzag stitch. Adjust the stitch width according to the width of the elastic and the stitch length according to the quality of the elastic and how much gathering is required.
7. Engage the IDT™ system.
8. Place the fabric under the presser foot and sew. The fabric will gather as the elastic is stretched and sewn in place.