Product quantity cannot be greater than 99
PART # 820245096
Specialty type: Quilting
Quickly and evenly bind edges
Binding with bias tape is a very easy way to give fabric edges a smooth and neat appearance. You will need unfolded bias tape 24 mm (scant 1”) wide.
At A Glance
- Bias tape is fed into the front scroll guide of the binder
- Fabric is inserted into the slot of the binder, sandwiched inside the bias tape edges
- Fabric edge is automatically bound by the bias tape while you sew
(tap letter to learn more)
*The automatic needle threader cannot be used on Group L machines
1. Remove the presser foot. Attach the Bias Binder.
2. Cut the beginning of the bias tape at a diagonal.
3. Feed the tape into the scroll of the binder and pull out to the back.
4. Adjust the binder and/or the needle position so that the needle pierces the fabric approximately 1 - 1.5 mm (1/16 inch) from the folded edge of the bias tape.
5. Stitch about 25 mm (1 inch) along the Bias Tape.
6. Insert the edge of the fabric to be bound between the Bias Tape edges into the slot of the binder. The Bias Tape will enclose the raw edge automatically during sewing.
TIP: Using a zigzag or fancy stitch will give you even more of a decorative effect.