Product quantity cannot be greater than 99
PART # 820474096
Invisible Zipper Foot
Specialty type: Mending & Alterations
Purchase This Item Through Your Favorite PFAFF® Store
Sew Invisible Zippers with Ease!
A popular foot for elegant and professional looking projects.
At A Glance
- Zipper coils fit perfectly and slide smoothly through the grooves on the sole of the foot
- Clear view of your stitches and project as you sew
(tap letter to learn more)
1. Use a marking pen to mark the length of the zipper on the right side of the fabric, on both sides of the opening. The zipper should be at least 2 to 3 cm (3/4 to 1 1/4 inches) longer than the opening.
2. Attach the Invisible Zipper Foot and select a straight stitch, center needle position and stitch length of 2.5 to 3.0 mm.
3. Open the zipper and flatten the coil slightly with your thumb so that the seam line between the tape and coil becomes visible. Never iron the zipper.
4. Place the right half of the zipper onto the right side of the opening, with right sides of the zipper and fabric together. The coil should lie directly on the seam line, starting about 1.5 to 2 cm (5/8 to 3/4 inch) below the upper edge of the fabric. Pin in place, if desired. Make sure that the bottom end of the zipper extends 2 to 3 cm (3/4 to 1 1/4 inches) beyond the bottom end of the opening.
5. Carefully press the teeth slightly to the right and lower the zipper foot, so that the coil lies in the groove to the right of the needle.
6. Starting at the top, sew the zipper in place, stopping at the previously marked end of the opening. Tie off the end of the seam. Close the zipper.
7. Place the second zipper tape on the left side of the opening, on the right side of the fabric. Make sure that both coils are level.
8. Pin the zipper in place. Open the zipper.
9. Carefully press the teeth slightly to the left and lower the Zipper Foot so that the coil lies in the groove to the left of the needle.
10. Starting at the top, sew the zipper in place, stopping at the previously marked end of the opening. Tie off the end of the seam.
11. Sew the seam below the zipper, starting at the bottom and working up. Attach the standard Zipper Foot so that the presser foot clamp and the foot are to the right of center. Move the needle to the right.
12. Pull the loose bottom end of the zipper toward the seam allowance and stitch as close as possible up to the last stitches of the zipper seams.
13. Press the seam open.
TIP: If the zipper is too long, sew over the end of the coil with a straight stitch or a closely spaced zigzag stitch, approximately 2 cm (3/4 inch) below the bottom end of the opening. Cut off the excess zipper and finish the raw edge with a small piece of fabric.